You may be a safe driver. Still, like anywhere else, car accidents can happen at any time in Irving due to other drivers who are not as safe as you. Whether you are on a street in Las Colinas or a busy road such as the Airport Freeway, LBJ Freeway, John Carpenter Freeway or George Bush Turnpike, you can encounter a careless or reckless driver at any time. It’s what you do next that is important.
At Kraft & Associates, we can help you to get through the aftermath of an Irving car accident which has left you with a pile of medical bills and a host of other worries. Our law firm has more than 45 years of experience with handling car accident claims on behalf of clients in Irving and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to pursuing the compensation that our clients deserve.
If you recently suffered injuries in a car accident in Irving, contact us today to discuss your case. We will provide a free consultation. We also will charge no costs or fees unless we secure compensation for you.
What Steps Should You Take Next After an Irving Car Accident?
As the most recent Irving car accident statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation show, the city can be a dangerous place for drivers. In 2017 alone, the city saw:
- 3,434 total crashes
- 12 fatal crashes
- 524 suspected injury crashes
- 1,207 possible injury crashes.
If you are hurt in an auto accident in Irving, you should try to take as many of the following steps as you can in addition to getting in touch with Kraft & Associates about your case:
- Get medical attention. You should see a doctor as soon as possible to get checked for injuries. Several medical facilities serve the Irving area such as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center and Medical City Las Colinas. Make sure you follow the doctor’s treatment plan.
- Collect and keep everything related to your accident. You should hold on to all of your medical bills, accident scene photos and car repair estimates. Also, keep the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Get a copy of your crash report. Typically, you can get a copy of the Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report from the law enforcement agency that initially responded to the crash such as the Irving Police Department or Dallas County Sheriff’s Office. You can also go online to search for and buy one.
- Write it down. When you have the chance, you should write a summary of what you recall about the car accident. You may also want to describe how your injuries have affected your ability to work and other aspects of your life.
- Don’t talk with the insurer. An insurer for the other driver may contact you and ask for a statement. The insurer may even make a settlement offer. You should refrain from speaking with the insurance company until you talk with us first. In fact, we can handle all communications with the insurer on your behalf.
- Stay away from social media. In this day and age, insurance companies go to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites to look for anything they can possibly use against people who file injury claims. You will be better off avoiding social media use until you resolve your claim.
How Can Our Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Accident in Irving?
Since 1971, the attorneys of Kraft & Associates have helped car accident victims and their families in Irving and surrounding areas to pursue full and fair compensation after they were hurt in car accidents through no fault of their own. We can get to work on your case immediately and provide services such as:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of your accident to determine why it happened and identify who should be held responsible for it.
- Review your medical records to determine the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Consult with highly knowledge professionals in fields such as accident reconstruction and life-care planning.
- Carefully calculate all damages you may be entitled to receive and identify all sources of compensation, which could include your own insurance policy.
- Demand a settlement or, if the insurance company challenges liability and/or damages, take your case to trial after consulting with you about the matter.
- Resolving all other legal matters that your case presents, including health care liens or creditor demands.
Our law firm has a diverse practice. In addition to handling your car accident claim, we can assist with other issues as well such as those involving Social Security Disability benefits.
Types of Irving Car Accident Claims We Handle
Because we have been handling car accident claims for more than 45 years, we have experience with a broad range of cases. Among the many types of car accident claims that we can take on are those which involve:
- Distracted driving (such as texting while driving)
- Speeding and aggressive driving (such as tailgating)
- Drunk driving and drugged driving
- Fatigued driving
- Dangerous road conditions
- Negligent car inspection and repair
- Automotive defects
- Teen drivers
- Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorists
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Collisions involving tractor-trailers
- Collisions involving motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
Our experience allows us to tackle the complex factual and legal issues that often arise in these types of cases. For instance, it can often be extremely difficult to negotiate with the various insurance companies that are often involved following a severe car accident.
Every case is different. When you meet with us to discuss your case, we will take the time to listen to you and learn about the specific facts and circumstances of your car accident and the injuries which you have suffered. If we agree to work together, we will launch an immediate investigation of your case in order to ensure that evidence is preserved and collected.
Our Irving Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Today
You have only a limited amount of time after a car accident to file a legal claim in Texas. So, you should not wait to get help from an experienced car accident lawyer. Contact the Irving personal injury attorneys at Kraft & Associates today and get started with a free consultation.